Monday, May 23, 2011

So here it is May 2011 So many things have happened since December 2010. We did decide to move to MI my husband and I moved the week of Christmas and closed on a lawn and landscape business in mid January. We left behind our First Home that we had built in 2008 on family property this was also the home that I feel made us a family. We moved into it in September 2008 and on November 14, 2008 we welcomed our first baby. This was the home we brought her home form the hospital to the home she had most all of her first in and so on. The decision to move was sort of a forced one and I think in most cases that would make it harder to leave, however I feel it was God who truly helped me to put all things in perspective. In September 2010 my husband lost his job as a Golf Course Superintendent it had been a very hot dry season and the course had lost a good majority of its greens. My husband had told the owners that he felt that it was not a lack of doing his job or a mistake he made but that he felt something more was going on besides or as a result of the weather. After a lot of research and sending tissue sample of his grass to different schools to do research on he got a lot of mixed answers however all agreed that they couldn't definitively say why he had so much grass loss. The owners ultimately relieved him of his job. The day he lost his job was filled with so many emotions. I think it was that evening when I laid down for bed and started praying I knew at this point all I Could do was pray. Pray for guidance pray for answers and pray for peace of mind that God knew all things and that He had a plan for us and this was just a part of it. I would love to tell you its 8 months later and all is wonderful that of course God had a plan and I see it now so clearly but I can't. We have had some amazing answers to prayers and I know that God has a plan however seeing it and knowing just what it is, not yet. In October I placed our home up for rent on places like Craigslist, Hotpads,Trulia etc I went to place it in the local paper and the add I wanted was like $10.00 a week I just knew we would need more adds the 1 and so I hesitated a week or so before I placed it in the local paper . I got a lot of phone calls and emails about it and a couple of planed showings but every time I kid you not I would spend all day cleaning and making sure this brand new home looked amazing and they wouldn't show. It was very disheartening and my husband and I weren't really on the same page about if  renting or selling it was the answer, see he wanted to wait till he knew we were going to have to leave before we made any efforts to rent or sell it. I however knew it wouldn't be long before we couldn't pay the mortgage. See the owners were fighting his unemployment and we were held off from getting it until after thanksgiving and I knew that would help some when we did get it but it wasn't going to help enough to keep up with our current things we made payments on.  My income was not much and the little we had saved up would dwindle fast. After a bunch of no show potential renters I placed an add in our local paper it was short, not very detailed and compared to the others it was not all that eye catching. We cleaned all day and had a showing and guess what they didn't show. You see we lived 30 minutes from town a mile off the paved road on a mountain that needed 4 wheel drive to get to and I would bet people would start out and decide this was not the place they wanted to live. That very day that we had someone not show I got a call from a couple, they had a list of houses they were looking at and ours was one they wanted to see. They came that evening and looked at it and I wasn't sure what they though. Fast forward a week or two and we are in MI looking at the business we wanted to buy and housing and we get a call its them the only people that ever showed up to look at it they want it they want to even lease it with the hopes to buy it in a year!! I think I cried,  It was that moment that I knew God was in control even though I felt so out of control so scared yet I knew then things would be ok till we could make some more decisions. They moved in on November 9th, 2010 about 6 weeks to the day that my husband lost his job and on May 6th 2011 we officially closed on our House getting the full asking price and all! I know I have jumped around a bit but we ended up in MI buying the business and finding a house that we love and know we can grow in. It needs to be brought up to date but in due time it will be. Although things are not perfect yet I can honestly say I have felt God work in my life. I have learned to be Thankful for what I have and not focus just on the things I don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment